Buy Best Quality Ayurveda Medicinal Herb Tagar (Valeriana wallichii) from Asmi Ayurveda Consultancy and Herbals (Karnal, India)
We deal in Seeds / Raw Dried / Powder / Processed /Oils/ Extract or any other customized format as per your own choice.
Send an email to DrAmit.Nakra@gmail.com for any of your queries related to Tagar. Our 24 X 7 Customer support team shall be very much pleased to serve you with the best of Advice and Support.
Sanskrit Name - Tagar
Botanical Name - Valeriana wallichii
Family - Valerianaceae
Common Names - tagar, nat, vakra, kutil, nahush, tagarmool, tagarganthoda, sugandhbala, mushakbala, assaroon, Indian Valerian
Uses & Benefits of Indian Valerian
- Indian valerian is anodyne, antispasmodic, aromatic, calmative, carminative, diuretic, expectorant, nervine, relaxant, sedative, stimulant and tranquilizer.
- The herb has a remarkable influence on the cerebro-spinal system, hypochrondriasis, hysteria, insomnia, migraines, nervous unrests and nervous tensions, neuralgia and neurasthenia.
- It is useful in treating anxiety, breathlessness, epilepsy, giddiness and fainting fits.
- The herb lowers blood pressure, palpitations of the heart and even strengthens the heart.
- Indian valerian is useful in curing gastrointestinal conditions like diverticulitis, irritable bowel, nervous dyspepsia, nervous stomach, stimulates digestion, and stomach cramps.
- It proves helpful in treating head congestion and loosens phlegm in different coughs and lung congestion.
- Indian valerian comes handy in menstrual cramps and muscle spasms, aids liver function and relieves pain.
- The root corrects tremors, reduces excitement and irritability, lowers high blood pressure and calms the nervous system.
- Indian valerian should not be taken for longer periods of time, since it can cause mental depression in some people.
- If consumed in excess, the herb can result in a stimulating effect rather than a relaxing effect. It can also cause heaviness and pain in the head stupor.