Buy Best Quality Ayurveda Medicinal Herb Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) from Asmi Ayurveda Consultancy and Herbals (Karnal, India)
We deal in Seeds / Raw Dried / Powder / Processed /Oils/ Extract or any other customized format as per your own choice.
Send an email to DrAmit.Nakra@gmail.com for any of your queries related to Guggulu. Our 24 X 7 Customer support team shall be very much pleased to serve you with the best of Advice and Support.
Sanskrit Name - Guggulu
Botanical Name - Commiphora mukul
Family - Burseraceae
Common Names - Devdhoop, Kaushik, Pur, Mahisaaksh, Palankash, Kumbh, Ulookhal, Guggal, Guggul, Guggru, Kaanthgan, Gukkulu, Gukkal, Indian bedellium
Guggul is a yellowish resin, which is secreted by a small, thorny mukul myrrh tree called commiphora mukul. The shrub reaches a maximum height of 4 to 6 feet and bears thorns on its branches. The leaves are small similar to those of neem. The flowers are red and the fruit is oval in shape and pulpy in nature. The gum resin excreted by the bark of the plant is called guggul. The plant is grown throughout the north India. The herb has been playing a major role in the traditional medicine of India. It is also known as guggul gum, guggal, gugglesterone, gugulu and gum gugal.
(+)- resin, essentialOil, guggulsterones, E stereoisomers, Z stereoisomers, gugulipid, myrrhanol, alpha-camphorene.
Uses & Benefits of Guggul
- Guggul possesses strong disinfecting properties and is a weight loss and fat burning agent.
- It lowers elevated serum cholesterol and triglycerides, while maintaining or improving the HDL to LDL ratio.
- The herb increases white blood cells count and reduces the risk of coronary artery disease.
- Guggul was historically used for a condition called medoroga, a disease similar to the modern atherosclerosis.
- Studies report that it increases the production of thyroid hormone. Since this hormone breaks down cells of protein, fat and carbohydrates, this herb is believed to be promoting weight loss.
- The herb is used as an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving herb by many Indian herbal doctors.
- Guggul is useful in arthritic pains and helps in reversing the degenerative changes that occur in joints and bones.
- The herb is widely used in diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, sciatica, paralysis, hemiplegia, lymphadenopathy, etc.
- Since it acts as a blood purifier, it is widely used in skin diseases.
- Guggul helps in promoting the production of red blood corpuscles (RBC) and improving the action of white blood corpuscles (WBC).
- It helps in strengthening the digestive system, easy secretion of digestive juices, works as an appetizer and avoids indigestion and constipation.
- The herb is beneficial in hemorrhoids and colitis and relieves from hyperacidity and belching.
- Regular use of guggul helps in improving sexual ability, sperm count and sperm quality.
- Guggul helps in treating leprosy and eczema. Its extract also helps in fighting tumors.
- The herb is useful in menstrual disturbances and painful menses.
- Guggul extract can generate side effects like headache, nausea, diarrhea, anorexia, abdominal pain and skin irritation in some individuals.
- Thyroid patients should consult a doctor before using guggul extract.