Buy Best Quality Ayurveda Medicinal Herb Chorak (Angelica glauca) from Asmi Ayurveda Consultancy and Herbals (Karnal, India)
We deal in Seeds / Raw Dried / Powder / Processed /Oils/ Extract or any other customized format as per your own choice.
Send an email to DrAmit.Nakra@gmail.com for any of your queries related to chorak. Our 24 X 7 Customer support team shall be very much pleased to serve you with the best of Advice and Support.
Sanskrit Name - Chorak
Botanical Name - Angelica glauca
Family - Umbelliferae
Common Names - Kshemak, Taskar, Chora
Some of the bio-chemicals which have been isolated from Angelica’s leaves and roots include alpha-phellandrene, trans-carveol, beta-pinene, thujene, beta-caryophyllene oxide, beta-caryophyllene, gamma-terpinene, nerolidol, beta-bisabolene, germacrene D.
- Protects liver: Angelica or Choraa possesses hepatoprotective or liver protective properties. These properties were studied in experiments on animals which were given liver damaging chemicals. After giving them medicines made from angelica leaf and root extracts, the impact of chemicals to the liver was reduced to a considerable extent.
- Anti-oxidant properties: Anti-oxidants are those bio-chemicals, enzymes or vitamins which help in reducing the effects of toxins produced in the body. These toxins react with various tissues and produce free radicals which could cause diseases in the long run. Studies have shown that angelica or choraa contains significant amount of anti-oxidants which help in nullifying the effects of toxins and free radicals in the body and promote good health.
- Osteoarthritis: Due to its detoxifying effects and mild warming tendencies, chara plant is also very useful in relieving pain in case of osteoarthritis and similar rheumatic pains.
- Cures convulsions and neurotoxic effects: The extracts of choraa or angelica were tested for their convulsion and neurotoxic curing properties. Animal studies have shown that electric shock effects were reduced in animals to a considerable extent when treated with extracts of choraa. Similar tests also revealed the control of neurotoxic effects on animals.
- Stimulates the digestive system: Choraa or angelica plant has been described in Ayurveda as a stimulant which can be very effective in stimulating the digestive system and also acts as a laxative.
- Relieves menstrual cramps: Ayurveda, prescribes choraa plant extracts under menstrual conditions as it can relieve the menstrual cramps, pre-menstrual syndrome and various menstruation related problems.