Ayurvedic Treatment for Bed Wetting - Medicines, Home Remedies and Diet Charts
It is quite normal for small children to pass urine in bed during sleep and children less than 2 years of age have almost nil contorl on this urge. However in some children this tendency persists even after the age of 5 years and its this aspect which can be troublesome as a sign. If it occurs at least twice a week for 3 months, then it is considered to be a disease and is called bedwetting or enuresis and must be taken into medical supervision because its not at all normal bhevaior. Bedwetting is the most frequently seen paediatric problem and is called shayyamutrata in Ayurveda medicinal science for which numerous medicinal herbs are available. You are welcome to contact Nakra Ayurveda Hospitals and Herbals Pvt Ltd to avail our Free Online Ayurveda Consultation for Bed Wetting.
Causes of Bed Wetting (Enuresis / Shayyamutrata)
Various causative factors responsible for bedwetting include small capacity of urinary bladder, weak bladder muscles, neurological problems, intestinal worms, psychological factors (like fear, anger etc) , maturation delay and all of these signs are medical colrelated with each other so with a consultation from physician, one can get all the aspects checked in detail and then a confirmed diagnosis be established. Habit of drinking excessive water and genetic factors too are sometimes responsible for bedwetting so this should also be kept in mind.
Symptoms of Bed Wetting (Enuresis / Shayyamutrata)
- Passing urine during day or night sleep
Ayurvedic Bed Wetting Treatment (Enuresis / Shayyamutrata)
Shayyamutrata is considered to be a vata disorder in Ayurveda medicinal science as elimination of urine happens to be the function of vata and if there is any abnormality in urine, it certainly points towards Vayu vitiation. Ayurveda medicinal science offers effective treatments for this problem that affects hundreds of children across the world but at the same time there also exists numerous medicinal herbs and other such protocols as well.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice for Bed Wetting (Enuresis / Shayyamutrata)
- Certain disciplinary measures are recommended for children suffering from bedwetting and they are as follows -
a) Intake of water after 8 pm should be avioded as far as possible.
b) Child should not be allowed to drink excess fluids.
c) Bladder should be emptied before going to bed.
d) Food that can encourage growth of worms should be avoided, e.g. chcolates, biscuits, cakes, pestries, bread, ice creams etc.
e) Attention should be paid to child's psychology and child should never be scolded, insulted or punished for bedwetting as such things can worsen the problem instead of curing it.
Home Remedies for Bed Wetting (Enuresis / Shayyamutrata)
- Give your child a piece of jaggery / gud (20 gm) early in the morning on empty stomach time. After an hour let him/her have ½ teaspoon of celery seeds (ajwain) with a pinch of rock salt (sendha namak) and this is a very accountable home remedy for patients with bed wetting. Repeat this once a week for 4 weeks and the results are highly encouraging. This helps in deworming your child and if he/she is bedwetting due to worm infestation, this should relieve the problem so should be followed by parents.
- Give your child one teaspoon of black sesame seeds twice daily - if he / she can take it with ease.
- Make a combination of amla powder and ashwaganda powder in equal amount and the mixing proportions should be equal. Give one teaspoon of this powdered mix once daily to your child and its also highly beneficial in many ways.
Treatment / Prescription / Consultation / Home remedies for Bed Wetting - please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org