Ayurvedic Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis - Medicines, Home Remedies and Diet Charts
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that affects the spine or the vertebral column. This is a chronic inflammatory arthritis that commonly affects the sacroiliac joints in young men and is very painful for patients and quite troublesome as well. The onset is usually rapid with recurring episodes of low back pain and stiffness, which radiates sometimes to buttocks or thighs and its this reason why it creates so much inconvenience for the patient. Characteristically, the symptoms are worse in the early morning and following inactivity so patients cant start their day with ease as there are a lot of troubles. You are welcome to contact Nakra Ayurveda Hospitals and Herbals Pvt Ltd to avail our Free Online Ayurveda Consultation for Ankylosing Spondylitis.
The vertebrae may grow or fuse together resulting in a rigid spine which causes pain as well as difficult in doing all activities. These changes may be mild or severe and may lead to a stooped posture which is undoubtedly a huge inconvenience for the patient. Early diagnosis and treatment helps in controlling pain and stiffness and may prevent significant deformity so patients must not delay the treatment protocol. Although it can occur at any age, ankylosing spondylitis most often strikes men in their teens and twenties so patients must stay aware always for healthy diet.
Causes of Ankylosing Spondylitis
The complete cause of Ankylosing Spondylitis is still not understood in modern medical science and thats why its only through herbal medicinal science we can achieve holistic health benefits. It is believed to be partly related to genetics and is more common in people with a family history of this disease so awareness is the key here. Ankylosing Spondylitis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body’s own defence system destroys the body tissues so its a chronic nature ailment and thus patients should consult physician.
Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Low back pain
- Stiffness in back and lumber region
Ayurvedic Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
According to Ayurveda medicinal science, ankylosing spondylitis is caused due to aggravated vata causing an imbalance in vata dosha which then results in the origin of illness. This imbalance causes a type of arthritis of the spine and may even lead to disability in the long term so dietary regimen and good medicines are very vital here. In this autoimmune disorder the disc between the vertebrae gets swollen up causing limitation of movement so patient must follow advice of doctor. This problem generally starts in late adolescence so certainly a huge inconvenience for all.
Ayurvedic treatment involves detoxification and elimination of toxins and the prescription of the right diet, lifestyle and herbal preparations and its this reason which makes health benefits holistic in nature.
As rheumatic pains are caused to the formation of toxins (ama) in the body, Ayurvedic treatment aims at digesting the ama by giving herbs and balancing aggravated vata so we can here expect a holistic health results and complete healing as well. Herbs like dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy are effective in managing ankylosing spondylitis so patients must take these with sincerity and with committment.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice for Ankylosing Spondylitis
- - Ensuring proper evacuation of bowels because it leads to development of ama. Constipation should be avoided at all cost because its the root cause.
- Include ghee in your diet because it ensures lubrication.
- Applying heat on affected areas will help to relieve pain and stiffness so patients must exercise this with doctor help.
- Take light foods and avoid excess oily foods and curds because such aggravate pain.
- Avoid day sleeping as it vitiates vata dosha.
- Yoga asanas such as Pawana muktasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Paschimottanasana, Vakrasana are beneficial for this disease and its through yoga good health benefits are observed.
- Practice Pranayama such as Nadi shodhana, Chandrabhedi Sheethali & Bhramari because these enable normalization in the body channels.
Home Remedies for Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Chew 2-3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water to alleviate lumbar pain in ankylosing spondylitis and this certainly helps a lot in many aspects towards alleviation of pain.
Make a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities so it can be prepared thoroughly. Add rock salt to taste, and have 1 teaspoon with water at bed time for best health benefits. This reduces flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness and thus beneficial. Take one teaspoon of this powder with warm water twice daily with complete sincerity.
Treatment / Prescription / Consultation / Home remedies for Ankylosing Spondylitis - please send an email to email@example.com