Acne is a chronic skin condition in which there is excess / high production of oil from the sebaceous glands of our body leading to the blockage of hair follicles and it forms the root cause of illness. It is the most common problem of adolescents / young teenagers, and is therefore known as Yauvanpidika in Ayurveda medicinal science; yauvan means ‘adolescence age’ and pidika means ‘pustules or papules’ or acne. Acne usually affects the face, nose, back and shoulders and other areas that are densely populated with sebaceous glands because its this blockage which is the root cause. Acne presents either as blackheads, whiteheads, pimples or nodules and is sometimes painful as well. Ayurveda medicinal science provides effective root-cause acne treatment and with complete accountability as well. Ayurvedic Acne treatment, Medicines, Home Remedies, Diet Charts and much more are covered through Helpline of Ayurveda24x7. You are welcome to contact Nakra Ayurveda Hospitals and Herbals Pvt Ltd to avail our Free Online Ayurveda Consultation for Acne.
Causes of ACNE
The primary cause is impairment of all the three doshas - vata / pitta / kapha, predominantly the pitta dosha, which further vitiates the rakta and meda dhatus (blood and fat tissues) leading to development of acne on our skin. Vitiated doshas produce toxins that block the energy channels of the face leading to pimple formation and is very troublesome issue for all teenage population. The condition of acne can also be aggravated by excessive intake of oily, spicy, salty and sour foods and thus all these foods should be avoided for best health benefits.
Symptoms of Acne
- Whiteheads on face in particular
- Blackheads on face and neck as well
- Pimples on face and neck as well
Ayurvedic Acne Treatment
Ayurveda medicinal science has a singular and highly accountable approach to all forms of acne treatment as this problem appears due to imbalance of the three doshas — vata, pitta and kapha and thus all the dosha should be normalized for holistic healing process. However, the main cause is the aggravation of the pitta dosha, an Ayurvedic humor that symbolizes heat or fire and through medicinal herbs this shall be addressed. Pitta dosha manifests in the skin and causes accumulation of heating toxins which is the root causative factor. These heating toxins accumulate in deep tissues like rasa (nutrient plasma), rakta, (blood), mamsa (muscles) and lasika (lymphatic) which then forms the last stage towards development of acne on skin. These toxins cause contamination of deeper tissues, leading to the condition of Yauvanpidika and teenagers are very much troubled from this cosmetic illness. Because acne is deep-rooted, use of local creams, antibiotics and lotions only masks the symptoms and the disease remains seated there itself. Thus, specific Ayurvedic acne treatment is advised which includes medically recommended diet, lifestyle and some specialized herbal combinations that tackle the disease from its root cause and thus enables its holistic health benefits.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice for Acne
- Avoid spicy, oily and sour foods as they can aggravate acne quite aggressively.
- Eat fresh, unprocessed food as its very good for our body as a whole
- Increase the use of herbs that have cooling effects on the body like fennel, coriander seeds, Indian gooseberry (amla) and aloe vera and also they increase digestive capacity
- Increase intake of water to about 8-10 glasses per day which is a must for any individual.
- Wash your face frequently with mild herbal soaps and so all dirt can be effectively washed off.
- Avoid irritant cosmetics as they can cause much harm to body.
- Do not squeeze the acne lesions as they can result in more aggressove forms later on.
Home Remedies for Acne
- Prepare a powdered mixture of equal quantity of coriander seeds, fennel, basil, turmeric and Indian gooseberry (amla). Take ½ teaspoon of this powder 15 minutes before lunch and dinner with lukewarm water and is thus good on digestive capacity as a whole.
- Have 1 teaspoon full of powdered Indian gooseberry fruit (amla) in morning and evening with lukewarm water and in general as well this should be taken by all.
- Home remedies are not acne treatment, these may give you some relief but yes they can be adopted by all. For personalized acne ayurvedic treatment, you are most welcome to send us an email on DrAmit.Nakra@gmail.com and we are here available with all our patients 24 * 7 across the globe.
- Take one teaspoon of coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder and its also very much beneficial. Drink twice daily for best and holistic health results.