In patients diagnosed with MIGRAINE, it is a classical symptom of "Suryavabhedak" which means the "PITTA" + "KAFA" Dosha of your body is in vitiated state. Now as "KAFA" dosha is vitiated, so it is also causing you recurrent bouts of nausea (vomiting etc.). Through Ayurveda Medicines, both the KAFA & PITTA Dosha will be returned to normal state and then you will feel much better. Lack of sleep also confirms to the fact that PITTAJ DOSHA is not governing the necessary actions. Ayurveda Medicines will be easing the Tenacity on nerves and the medicine for MIGRAINE are exclusively prepared with pure Cow Ghrit for this very purpose.
According to Ayurvedic principles, migraine is a tridosha disorder, Out of the three doshas, Vata and Pitta dosha are the prominent factors. Vata controls the nervous system and brain activity and it is the imbalance of this Vata that causes the diseases. Vata imbalance arises due to improper metabolism, poor elimination, mental and physical stress, viewing of TV for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness, etc. Out of the three doshas, pittadosha is the most prominent factor. "Pitta" causes dilation of the blood vessels, which causes the onset of a migraine attack.
In Ayurveda this condition is referred as ‘Sooryavarta’ . Soorya means ‘Sun’ and avarta means ‘affliction’ or ‘blockage’. The headache gets worsened on sunrise, peaks during noon hours and reduces after evening. Even though this is the typical feature of this illness, it may not be true in all cases. Symptoms may vary based on body types and habits.
Migraine is caused by excessive stimulation of brain and blood vessels. Migraine headache is usually associated with one sided throbbing headache, with nausea (tendency of vomiting), vomiting and sensitivity to light. Some people get warning symptoms called aura, having visual changes, just ahead of migraine episode.
The cardinal symptom of Vata is pain and when it lodges in the nervous system of the brain it causes migraine. External stimulus such as excessive noise, light, stress and tension all contribute to increasing migraine pains. Weak digestion is also a contributing factor which increases ama in the body and prevents proper circulation of blood in the body and brain.
Nakra Ayurveda Hospitals Migraine Treatment is a 360° degree holistic approach that provides personalized medicines, diet, lifestyle and meditation recommendations to enable a complete and successful healing of all the aspects and not just Migraine itself because through herbal Medicinal science - its always the root cause thats addressed with accountability.
Migraine causes as per Ayurveda
Suppression of natural urges
Intake of polluted food
Exposure to sunshine for prolonged period
Oily and spicy food
Anger, jealousy, grief, stress etc
Intake of dry, pungent and salty food etc
From the external symptoms, it can be understood which of the three doshas is causing the attack. Refer to the following table to see what kind of migraine symptoms are shown by the doshas:-
|Migraine due to Vata dosha||Migraine due to Pitta dosha||Migraine due to Kapha dosha|
|Dryness of skin
Pain is very acute
|Redness and burning sensation in the eyes
Hypersensitivity to light
Headache with a dull throbbing pain
DIETARY & LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PATIENT OF MIGRAINE :
1) Avoid hot, spicy foods, fermented foods, white sugar, white flour products, and sour or citrus fruits, because they aggravate the Pitta in your body.
2) Drink more water and eat more fiber, fruits and vegetables, and whole grains.
3) Avoid excessive sugar or salt, refined foods, animal products (meats and dairy), caffeine, tea, and alcohol, as these items will further lead to aggravation of Pitta.
4) Avoid direct exposure to the sun, as migraine headaches are predominantly a Pitta disorder and can be triggered by the hot sun.
5) Head massage with Bhringraj Oil is also beneficial. This massage gives a calming effect to your nervous system.
6) Headaches caused due to tension and worry can be alleviated through deep breathing and relaxation, especially in a lying down position in a quiet place.
7) Inverted postures, or those where the head is lowered briefly, increase oxygen to the brain and can reduce headache-causing strain.
Prescription in AYURVEDA MEDICINAL SCIENCE for patients of Migraine and its recommended for an intake duration of 6 months to enable successful healing:
1) AROGYA SHIRSHOOL RASAYANA : 1 capsule twice a day with lukewarm water before meals
2) AROGYA SHOTHHAR RASAYANA : 1 capsule twice a day with lukewarm water before meals
There is absolutely Nil side effects of the prescribed herbal formulation and the list of medicinal herbs included in this formulation are as follows -
Chitrak - Plumbago zeylanica
Jirak - cuminum cyminum
Amlaki - indian gooseberry / emblica officinalis
Organic Turmeric - curcuma longa
Brahmi - Centella asiatica
Tulsi - ocimum sanctum
GawarPatha - Aloe Barbadensis
Rasna - Pluchea lanceolata
Neem - Azadirachta indica
Giloy - tinospora cordifolia
Through the intake of above prescribed Medicinal Herbs, following key aspects shall be addressed and its this particular normalization in the cellular physiology which leads towards complete healing -
1) Eliminate toxins from the body and improves gut functions to clear Ama
2) Balances Vata and Pitta Dosha in the body and restores Ojas
3) Nervine tonics to nourish & strengthen the entire nervous system
4) Ensure proper blood circulation in the Brain with Rasayana Therapy
Migraine treatment in Ayurveda. Alternative treatment for Migraine. Free Consultation for Migraine.